Friday, October 30, 2009

Interpreter of Maladoies

I think thats how its spelled :P Anyhow so far the short shories are really good. I mean nothing happens in them, but they are not boring yet. The two stories that revolve around marriage were really good. At first it felt like they were building to a major climax, to end with nothing big happens. The key to these stories i think is that they are very short and easy to follow, and since no climax happens, they do not have the length to get boring. But more important then what i think, what do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure 'nothing happens' in IoM's stories, it's just that what happens is everyday stuff. These are regular people living regular lives with regular problems. Relationships aren't always happy or predicable, so the same goes for stories about relationships. I'll agree with you about the length, though. Just long enough to get you interested and provide closure.

    ReplyDelete