Monday, August 24, 2009

First Blog

Well since I haven't started reading the short stories yet. I figure I can talk about reading in general. Well I don't think I read that fast but if I find a good story, be it a book, article, or just a random poster I get through those pretty fast. Mostly I prefer to read about history, any kind but political is usually a good read. With that said I usually read on war or battles from various times.

My favorite book is the graphic novel The Watchmen. Everytime I read this I find a new metaphor hidden inside the ideas and actions portrayed by the characters. Although the movie sticks to the story pretty well, they had to cut a lot of good scenes that portray underlined ideals. I hear a lot of arguements of why the movie was bad or that it was too hard to follow. One of the general ideas being portrayed is that there are no heroes or villians. This is what draws me to the movie, good and bad are just a perception, nothing more. A hero and a Villian are the exact same person just depends on how you see their actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment